I have little tricks for staying on track with eating healthy. One of my favorite tricks is my gluten-free, dairy-free and SUGAR-FREE chocolate bar recipe. It still gives me the satisfaction of eating something sweet. But I didn’t! Try this recipe for chocolate when you want something sweet but don’t feel like eating sugar for whatever reason. Maybe you are cleansing, committed to a special diet or you are diabetic.
This chocolate bar is really simple to make. It’s sweetened with stevia which is a sweet herb. Once the chocolate is melted you can decide to pour the sauce in a chocolate bar mold, candy molds, an empty ice cube tray (for adorable chocolate cubes) or even just onto a flat surface (like a plate) and freeze. Get creative with this bar. You can play with different flavor options and make this truly your own. This time I dusted my chocolate bar with cinnamon and coarse sea salt before I froze it. It was super yummy.
Other flavor ideas you could try!
- 1-2 drops of Young Living Essential Oil (like peppermint, lemon, lavender, etc)
- cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper sprinkled on top before freezing
- cinnamon sprinkled on top before freezing
- chopped mint, blended in
- crushed berries, blended in
- unsweetened coconut
- chopped nuts or seeds
- Melt 3 TBSP of coconut oil at very low temp (I use these bowls over a steamer to melt)
- Add in cacao powder and stevia
- Stir until thoroughly combined
- Let mixture cool for about 5 minutes
- Pour into a chocolate bar mold, an empty ice cube tray or onto a plate
- Sprinkle with a tiny bit of coarse sea salt + other spices/herbs/nuts/seeds if you like
- Freeze for 10-20 minutes